Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday.
Hope you all had a wonderful day worshiping our great God!! This morning was my first time going to church with the Cross family as a nanny. (I came with my parents once before in May) Very much different than what I am used to, 2 hours service all in French. It was really amazing to see other cultures, and hear other languages praising the same God I do back in Michigan. I think sometimes it's easy to forget how BIG our God is, and how many people around the world serve Him. Although I failed miserably, I sang their hymns in french, all the time laughing at how silly I sounded. Then members of the congregation prayed, and the Pastor began his sermon. He and his family are young missionaries from the states. I was told he was reading from Matthew, the story of John the Baptist's execution. Even though I thought it strange to spend an hour on such a little portion of scripture I (tried) to follow along in my English Bible. Turns out the sermon was about a passage in revelations. haha. After service, we had a great lunch, and had quiet time. Mom, and Dad you will be happy to know I took my usual Sunday afternoon nap :) Mr. Cross, Sophie and I still have colds, but hopefully they will be gone soon. This evening we had family worship, which consisted of singing, prayer, and reading Nehemiah 8&9. I am so blessed to be in such a wonderful, God-honoring family. Claire has decided to memorize James with me! Hopefully I will be able to keep up :)
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment