Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day one of conference.
Woke up at 1:30 this morning convinced that it was time to get up. My ipod (alarm clock) had the wrong time zone, and it took me about ten minutes to discover that it was actually 1:30am. I wish I could blame it on jet lag, but that should have left a couple days ago. After breakfast, Audrey (the baby) went to the nursery with the other babies and adult helpers. We were in there for five hours, and then went to lunch. Just when I think Polish food can't get any better they make deep-fried bananas with chocolate. yum. Now I know why I like deep-fried food so much: I'm polish. This afternoon I had some free time to read and relax with Audrey while the kids went swimming with friends. 
The missionaries here are so nice! It's so fun to get to know them, and hear their incredible stories. They all meet with each other at meal times to catch up and pray for one another. I'm glad I can watch the kids so Charles and Amy can visit with their friends they only see once a year. 
Well, I better go and make sure Audrey is sleeping.
Have a great night!
Love,
Summer

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog posts, Summer... (it sounds like you're kept pretty busy over there). Also, it sounds like you're a real blessing to this precious family (no doubt)!
    Just so you know, God brought you to my mind last night, and I said a quick prayer. <3
    P.S. All of your Polish food is making my mouth water... -.-

    ReplyDelete